These chocolate espresso brownies with walnuts are an ideal treat for those days, those minutes to be precise when you want to eat something homemade, quick and delicious! Rich and moist, plus gluten and dairy-free, this dessert is ideal for everybody! 5 minutes to make and voila! Here is the recipe:
- 1 ½ cups walnuts, divided
- 1 cup unsalted hazelnuts (or almonds), roughly chopped
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (or other finely ground strong coffee)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- A pinch of salt
- In a blender or food processor, apply 1 cup walnuts and 1 cup hazelnuts/almonds and process until finely ground. Then, place the cocoa, sugar, espresso powder, and salt. Mix until blended and transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Apply the dates to the blender/food processor and blend until small bits remain; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Next, add cocoa and nut mixture back into the blender/food processor and process to incorporate. Gradually apply the dates and process until a dough consistency is reached, putting more dates if the mixture doesn’t hold together when squeezed in hand.
- Spread the brownie mixture to a small loaf or cake pan lined with parchment and apply the remaining 1/2 cup walnuts (finely chopped). Toss to incorporate and evenly press the mixture in the pan.
- Refrigerate to set before serving.
- In order to keep fresh, store in an airtight container. You can keep it in the refrigerator for 2 weeks and in the freezer for 2 months.