Everybody loves this kind of cookies – they are tasty and fun! Children parties, birthdays, Saturday night movies….you name it! This delicious recipe for gourmet chocolate cookies topped with cream and hazelnut spread will make your day! Am preparing these cookies very often and my husband just can’t get enough of them!
- 300 grams dark chocolate
- 100 grams butter
- 3 eggs
- 250 grams sugar
- 100 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons hazelnuts
For the cream filling:
- 200 ml sour cream
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 100 ml whipping cream
- For the frosting
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 250 grams hazelnut chocolate spread
- Heat the oven to 160°C /140° fan /gas mark 3. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until creamy and beat in the chocolate butter mixture.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and add the ground hazelnuts.
- Place teaspoonfuls of the mixture on the baking tray and make a slight indentation in the middle of each. Bake for about 8 minutes until firm. Cool on the baking trays for a few minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat the soured cream until smooth with half the icing sugar. 8 Whisk the cream until thick, with 1 tsp icing sugar. Fold the whipped cream into the soured cream and sweeten with the remaining icing sugar if desired.
- Place a little cream in the center of each cookie and chill for at least 30 minutes. 1
- Melt the hazelnut spread with the palm oil, as before and spread thinly over the cream on each cookie. Leave to set for at least 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: Will keep 2-3 days if chilled.