This choco Coca-Cola cake is so simple and easy to prepare. You will need less than half an hour to prepare it plus 30-60 minutes to cook. It is an ideal weekend dessert to surprise your family or friends with! Here is the recipe:
For the cake:
- 9 oz. /250 grams self-rising flour
- 10 ½ oz. /300 grams’ caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 9 oz. /250 grams’ butter
- 4 ¼ fl oz./125 ml milk
- 8 ½ fl oz. /250 ml Coca-Cola drink
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 3 ½ oz. / 100 grams’ butter
- 7 oz. /200 grams icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons Coca-Cola drink
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Lightly butter a 24cm/9½ in diameter loose-based cake tin. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, cocoa, sugar, and baking soda. In a pan, over low heat, gently melt the butter and Coca-Cola then add to the dry ingredients, along with the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Using an electing mixer, on medium-low speed, beat thoroughly. Transfer to the buttered cake tin and bake for around 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Then, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin (around 10 minutes). In the meantime, prepare the topping.
- In a pan, over medium heat, apply the butter, cocoa, and Coca-Cola and bring the mixture to boil. Then, remove and immediately add the icing sugar. Combine until smooth and pour over the cake while still warm. Before serving, garnish with chocolate sauce (if desired). Slice and serve.