These cute chocolate carrot cake cupcakes are simply bringing happiness in your kitchen! They smell and taste wonderful! Simple and really chocolaty, these cake cupcakes are very easy to prepare! Here is the recipe:
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium carrot (peeled and clean)
For the frosting:
- 1 package vanilla frosting
For the mini carrots decoration (optional):
- Orange and green colored cake fondant, store-bought
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Use liners to line 2 standard size muffin pans; set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, process the carrot until blended; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and cake mix together until a thick dough forms. Apply the milk, yogurt, blended carrot, and mix until incorporated. Put the eggs and mix on medium speed for one minute.
- Fill the liners (around 3/4 of the way full). Place in the oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or just until the tops of the muffins spring back. Let the cupcakes to cool a little bit in the pans for around 5 minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack in order to cool completely.
- Using the vanilla frosting, pipe a swirl on the top of each cupcake.
- Decorate with homemade mini fondant carrots (if wanted). Serve.