Incredibly delicious, super-moist, and rich this chocolate banana and walnut olive oil pound cake is so simple and fast to make! All you need is a pound cake pan and a few mixed ingredients to get a yummy dessert that goes impeccably with a nice cup of tea or black coffee. It will take you about 10 minutes to prepare it and 50 minutes more to cook. Try the following recipe:
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup blended walnuts
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 large over-ripened, mashed bananas
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas Mark 5. Grease and flour a pound can pan. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, process the walnuts until a fine powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, vanilla extract, mashed bananas, blended walnuts, and olive oil.
- Using an electric mixer, on slow speed, beat the mixture until blended, then turn on high and beat for 5 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pound cake pan and swirl mixture with a knife in order to remove air pockets.
- Place in the prepared oven and bake 45-50 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for a few minutes then loosen edges with a knife before transferring the cake on a serving dish. Decorate with a few whole walnuts (if desired). Slice and serve.