Brownie choco-peanut butter bars are an ideal treat for every season when you want to eat a rich, chocolate dessert. They are very easy to prepare and so delicious! You will need 30 minutes to prepare them, plus a few hours to set.
- 1 box brownie mix (plus water, eggs, and vegetable oil called for on brownie mix box)
- 16 oz. (1 container) vanilla frosting
- ¾ cup peanuts (salted), chopped
- 2 ½ cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ Gas Mark 4 (325°F/ 160°C/Gas Mark 3, for nonstick or dark pan). Grease bottom of 13 by 9-in. pan with cooking spray.
- Next, Prepare brownies as directed on box. Cool completely, around 1 hour. Then, frost them with frosting and sprinkle with chopped peanuts; place in the fridge to set while making cereal mix.
- Into a large bowl measure the cereal and leave aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Place over cereal, stirring until coated and apply over frosted brownies.
- Before serving, refrigerate around 1 hour to set. To make the bars, cut into six rows by four rows and serve.
(Keep tightly covered in the fridge.)