These cute banana pudding parfaits are so wonderful and delicious. They are so creamy and simple to prepare! Ideal for many summer parties and weekend picknick desserts. Here is the recipe:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups vanilla wafers
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, place yolks from three eggs (and set the whites aside) with one whole egg,3 tablespoons flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and a pinch of salt. Combine all together.
- Next, mash 1 1/2 ripe bananas and apply to saucepan.
- Pour in the milk; cook (uncovered) for around 20 minutes (or just until thickened).
- Remove and add in vanilla extract.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk leftover egg whites until stiffened. Apply the remaining sugar and whisk until stiff.
- To finish, layer serving cups with vanilla wafers, then a scoop of pudding, some sliced banana, and top with meringue. Serve or refrigerate.