These moist, creamy banana cupcakes with banana frosting are the best choice for all banana lovers! So yummy and moist! Plus, very simple and easy to prepare – you will need around 30-40 minutes to make them. Here is the recipe:
For the cupcakes:
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Around 3 bananas (whole) = 1 ½ cup bananas (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-3 drops of yellow food color (if desired)
To make the banana cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Use wrappers to line muffin tin. Leave aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, put the remaining ingredients. Combine by stirring the mixture and then, apply the wet mix to the dry one. Stir again until just incorporated and without dry spots.
- Split the mixture among the cupcakes wrappers, filling around ⅔.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, or just until a tester inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Apply on a wired rack for around 5-7 minutes, remove and place on a rack to cool completely. In the meantime, prepare the banana frosting.
To make the banana buttercream frosting:
- Using an electric mixer, on low speed, whip lemon juice, and banana until smooth. Add in butter and mix until creamy.
- Next, apply the confectioners’ sugar into the mixture, whisking continually, until completely integrated into a fluffy, light frosting. If desired, add a few drops of yellow food color and mix shortly again. You are done!
- Frost the banana cupcakes.