This delicious moist chocolate cake is the best chocolate baking dessert in its category! Simple and easy, you can prepare this treat anytime because you need only 2 ingredients to get a well moist, wonderfully prepared chocolate cake. Follow the cooking tips and surprise your family and friends with this amazing chocolate cake. Try the recipe:
For the cake:
- 260 grams (9 oz.) good quality semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs, yolks, and whites separated
To serve (optional):
- powdered sugar/ seasonal fruit/ vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F/160°C/Gas Mark 3. Grease 15 cm (6-inch) round cake mold.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, apply the chopped chocolate and melt (1 minute on high speed).
- Separate the egg yolks and whites in two small mixing bowls. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Apply the egg yolks, one by one, into the melted chocolate, whisking to incorporate.
- With a rubber spatula, slowly fold one-third of the beaten egg whites into the chocolate and egg yolk mixture. Then, repeat with the remaining whites, applying one third at a time.
- Pour the batter into the cake mold. Bake for 26-30 minutes, or until the cake is cool to the touch. Slowly invert it onto a serving plate.
- Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional). Slice and serve with a dollop of ice cream or with some seasonal fruit (if desired).